Saturday, December 8, 2012

7 Things Chris Can't Live Without


As I was driving today, which I do quite frequently, I thought of the most terrible scenario: What if the world was taken over by terrorists and I was about to be executed firing squad style? My life would flash before my eyes and I would think of all the things I loved.  I decided to share with you what my top seven items are.  I figured in this list we can count out Emily or members of my family.  So, here is the list of things that I cannot live without.  Without any of these items would come my swift and inevitable death.  OK, I'm a little dramatic, but I would be really sad without them:



1. Cell Phone
7,756 minutes last month.  Do I need to say more?  Well, it's a good thing I can!  My cell phone is like both my right and left hands.  I have to always keep it charged, which is why I go through phone chargers like underwear.







2.  Mexican Food
Since I'm from California, I believe I have eaten my quota of pinto beans to be considered a Mexican.  I miss more than anything the Mexican Taco Trucks back in California, where no one speaks English, but it's the best food in the world - even if you may be eating cat.










3.  Crystal Stemware
They're not only for holidays and anniversaries, but for everyday use!  We don't own a single glass.  We only use goblets of every shape and size.  The best thing about drinking from goblets is it seems to make your drink feel more expensive.  They don't have to cost a fortune either.  My favorite crystal we own is a set of ten goblets which we got for $5.00!









 



4.  Perrier Water
Two reason why I love it: Bubbles, and it comes from France.









5.  Magazines
I'm obsessed with magazines.  I really only get a few every month.  Traditional Home, House Beautiful, Veranda, Elle Decor, Architectural Digest, GQ, Details, Vogue Living, sometimes a bridal magazine that catches my eye, any specialty magazines that I'm interested in.  I can never throw them out.  We have stacks and piles and endless amounts of magazines in our home.  I can look at the same one over and over again, visiting them like an old friend.  The only downside is every month I'm coming closer and closer to becoming a hoarder.






6.  Trashy TV
I love trashy TV!  There is possibly nothing better to watch.  It's comforting to know that there are crazier people in the world than me.  And most of these crazy people have reality TV shows. 



7.  Our Purple Spinet Piano
We found our piano this past May for only $50.  Both Emily and I play the piano, so this was a definite must.  I love to have things that are rare and not easily recognized what store it came from.  We saw it in the back of a thrift store and automatically noticed it was not a full size piano.  The keyboard was significantly shorter than your average piano.  We came to find out this type of piano is called a Spinet.  It was perfect because it was small, and since we didn't have room for a baby grand.  This rare acoustic spinet was a terrible shade of brown, so Emily chose the color Poetic Purple to refinish the piano.

No comments:

Post a Comment