Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Shut the Front Door!

"Shut up!"
"What did you say to me?"
"Shut the front door!"
Do you remember this poor substitution for a curse word?  As children on the playground in California, we would all take turns trying to sneak in a counterfeit bad word.  Of course, we never had the courage to ever utter the profane smut of a real bad word for the fear of  a teacher's lurking ear near by.  We all knew that a call to the office and a few hours of detention would await us with the simple slip of a ucky syllable.  So, we would try and say words such as, "son of a bodybuilder!", "mother chucker!", and "shut the front door!" 

While out and about today, I was driving in a lovely neighborhood 20 minutes north of Richmond, in Ashland, Virginia, I admired some pretty flashy front doors.  Here are a few of the beauties that made me say, "Shut the front door!  Those are some of the prettiest shiznits I've ever seen!  I would be one happy mother chucker to live there!



No comments:

Post a Comment