Friday, February 15, 2013

Thou Shalt Not Covet

New baby, new business, new reasons to be tired.  Somewhere in the Bible it says, "Thou shalt not covet."  For some reason, coveting is all I have been doing lately.  Coveting the days when things were easier.  I can't help but think how great it would be to be like Inspector Gadget.  That way, when Emily is screaming, "Where's the Binky?!" all I would have to do is chant the magic words, "Go, go gadget Binky!" and bam!  I would save the day.  Plus, I could continue on doing what I was doing without interruption.  Another thing Emily and I have been coveting is sleep.  Whoever invented sleep was a geneous.  We have been longing for the days where we could sleep just as long as we wanted.  Since we are sleep deprived, I find myself speaking in a form of english, mixed with the slurs of a drunk.  I'm tempted to place a sign on my chest that reads the following:


Lately, I have also found myself coveting the days when I had money. It's funny to me that babies are free to make, but so darn expence to keep!  They should tell you that in the fine print:

Babies' common side effects are: drousiness, difficulty sleeping, body aches, headache, irritibility, mood swings, slurred speach, memory loss, loss of focus, and loss of motivation.  Some have reported depression, or thoughts of suiside.  And in extreme cases, side effects include: zombie-like simptoms, or mental instability.  If you plan on having a baby or becoming pregnant, talk to a local parent first.

As I have shared my woes with others, the same message has been shared, "It gets better, and you will forget how bad it was in the beginning."  Which makes sence since we are in a infinite daze of joy from being new parents.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment